›› Our Team
Welcome to Chapel Hill Children's Clinic. Our pediatricians and staff are pleased you have chosen our practice to provide the preventive health and medical care for the infants, children and adolescents in your family. We are a private pediatric practice independently owned by Dr. Margaret Morris. Our physicians include Dr. Morris, Dr. Michael Minozzi, Dr. Laura Windham, Dr. Amy Fowler, Dr. Ruth Lotz, and Dr. William L. Coleman. Dr. Morris, Dr. Windham, and Dr. Fowler are graduates of the UNC Medical School, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Minozzi graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in Bronx, New York. Dr. Lotz graduated from Wake Forest University School of Medicine. Dr. Coleman is a graduate of the University of New Mexico School of Medicine. Dr. Morris, Dr. Minozzi, Dr. Windham, and Dr. Fowler completed their pediatric residency programs at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, Dr. Lotz completed her pediatric residency at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and Dr. Coleman completed his residency at Duke University.
We are also staffed with a Nurse Practitioner, Pat Muir, who is our resident expert on difficult behaviors and parenting problems. All our providers are parents and understand the daily responsibilities of raising children. Janelle Bierenga, Patty Beck, Sherry Mann, Sandy Walker, Diana Watson, Courtney DeConto, and Elizabeth McKoy are our nurses, who are always available to give advice to our parents either over the phone or in person. Courtney Lewis, Alison Zink, Mary Kathryne Hutton, Mandy McGregor, and Gina Lacava our front office staff, will make your appointments, take your messages and help you in any way they can. Christine Norman manages our office and handles general questions or problems. Lu Troxler files our insurance claims and can often help with insurance and billing related questions.
- Dr. Margaret Morris M.D. - Dr. Morris has owned Chapel Hill Children's Clinic since April of 2000. She is a graduate of UNC School of Medicine at Chapel Hill and completed Pediatric Residency at UNC Hospital at Chapel Hill. Dr. Morris also holds a Masters of Science in Speech and Hearing Sciences from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Dr. Morris has two young adult children.
- Dr. Michael Minozzi M.D. - Dr. Minozzi graduated from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York before completing his pediatric residency training at University of North Carolina Hospitals. He is married with two daughters and a son and understands both the joys and challenges of parenthood. Dr. Minozzi enjoys working with adolescent males and children with chronic diseases.
- Dr. Laura Windham M.D. - Dr. Windham is originally from Buffalo, New York but grew up in the mountain town of Asheville, North Carolina. At the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, she received a B.A. in English with distinction. She continued through Medical School and her pediatric residency at UNC Chapel Hill to become a third-generation physician in her family. Dr. Windham is married and has two young children.
- Dr. Amy Fowler, M.D. - Dr. Fowler completed her preventative medicine and pediatric residency training with the University of North Carolina Hospitals. Dr. Fowler received her undergraduate degree in biomedical engineering from Duke University, her medical degree from UNC-Chapel Hill, and then completed her Masters of Public Health at UNC-Chapel Hill in Maternal and Child Health. Dr. Fowler is married and has three children.
- Dr. Ruth Lotz M.D. - Dr. Lotz is originally from Germany but has spent the last 19 years of her life living, studying, and working in the United States. At Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, NY she received a B.A. in Biopsychology. She continued her education with a Graduate Program at Universidad Iberoamericana in Mexico, and then completed a Masters Program at Tufts University. She attended Medical School at Wake Forest University School of Medicine, completed her Pediatric Internship at UNC Chapel Hill and then moved to complete her Pediatric Residency at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Dr. Lotz speaks English, German, Spanish and French. She is married and has three young children.
- Patricia A. Muir, RN, CS, PNP - Pat Muir has been the pediatric nurse practitioner for the CHCC for the past 19 years. She has 25 years of nursing experience - mainly in critical care. When her children were small she went back to school to become a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner (PNP). At that time she lived in Rochester, New York, and she trained at Strong Memorial Hospital, at the University of Rochester. Her interests are in early childhood development and behavioral issues. She loves working with families struggling with tantrums, toilet training, sleep problems etc.
- Dr. William L. Coleman - Dr. Coleman joined the Chapel Hill Children's Clinic team in September of 2010. He specializes in Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics and is seeing children here for these issues on Wednesday afternoons. He also sees children at Duke University Medical Center part-time where he has been since 1997. Prior to joining our team Dr. Coleman worked at the Center for Development and Learning at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill from 1985-2010. Dr. Coleman received his medical degree at the University of New Mexico Medical School in 1979, he then completed his residency at Duke University in 1982 and went on to complete his fellowship at The Children's Hospital in Boston, MA from 1982-1984. He is married and has grown children.